Wholesale Terms & Conditions
Hey, there! We're generally pretty easy to work with. Grab a glass of your favorite sparkly and let's have a read:
Christi Chittim, Mint Founder, Mother of Jack, Exhausted
- Minimums Your first order needs to reach $250.
You can order anything you want to make it up to the $250 opening order, but keep in mind there is a very small
per piece minimum-2 per style per color on our stuff. Told you we were
easy to work with! 50$ on the reorder is all we ask.
- Submitting Orders: All orders
are placed on this website or in our Atlanta showroom during major markets. Of course, if you ever have any questions,
concerns about orders, or just want to chat, email us and we'll get back to you. But whatever you do, DO NOT EVER LEAVE ORDERS ON OUR VOICEMAIL!
We can't guarantee that we'll receive them and we really hate to
disappoint you. Also, coupon codes only apply to online orders during the specified sale/offer dates.
- Adding to your orders: Unfortunately, we can't make
any alterations to online orders. While we agree that technology is
wonderful, your online order is submitted to the giant computer system
at our parent company and it's processed from there-we can't adjust it
once it's confirmed by you.
- Backordered Items: When you order online, you should
never have a backordered item. We try our best to keep the website
updated on a daily basis to make sure you can't order anything out of
stock. However, if our inventory count is off (gasp!) and we have to backorder, items not
in stock at the time of shipping will always be backordered and shipped later without a shipping charge. When you
receive your Mint shipment and check over your invoice, please take note
of anything backordered. If you decide you DO NOT WANT THEM, you must
cancel those items (by email please, it is 2017). We just figure you
want them if you don't cancel them-and then we'll ship them
automatically when they're here. No orders less than $40 will be
shipped and back orders left floating for more than 4 weeks will be
automatically deleted and refunded without notification.
- Turn-Around Time: Orders are shipped on a
first-come first-serve basis. Under normal circumstances, online orders will
typically ship out 1-2 business days from the day you order. Graduation,
back to school, and holidays are not normal circumstances. Let's all be
friends and allow 2-3 business days for shipping time during those busy
- Rush Charge: Did you accidentally monogram "Jack"
on a Hot Pink Zebra lunchbox? Darn. We totally understand those kinds
of boo-boos. If you must have something go out TODAY, email us by noon CST to let us know that your online order must go out immediately,
and in-stock items can ship same day for a $10 rush fee. We will do our best to help!
- Reporting shortages /incorrect items: Please let us know immediately, within 48 hours of receiving your order. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Damaged Items: Should a customer return any Mint®
item to you that is damaged or broken due to material failure or
workmanship issues within a year of purchase, call us. We are happy to
try to repair it and if we are not able to get it fixed we will replace
it! But you must have an RA number in order to send it back, which we
will happily give you. We will not send replacements or issue credits
for damaged items that we have not seen. We are not responsible for
replacing any embroidery or decoration added to the item. Also, please
note that the only time we accept returns is when an item is damaged or
- Defective Items: Please inspect all the items in
each shipment carefully for defects in stitching and assembly. We are
happy to issue replacements when the defects are reported to us within 2 weeks of you receiving your shipment. We will not receive in items from 6 months ago, a year ago, etc that you forgot to check.
- Returns: You just shouldn't send a single thing to
us, whether it be a care package of Girl Scout cookies, Christmas gifts, or a
damaged bag without an RA number. We're not being mean, we're just
trying to help you have a more efficient experience. When something arrives
here, it could go to a number of places. It may take weeks to find our
desks-and if it looks like it's food or presents, we may never ever see
it. We will not accept items that are not in original packaging or without original, unmarked Mint® hangtags. Please treat your return just like a return in your own store.
- Zip Code Policy: To ensure your store is able to
provide unique products, we determine exclusivity based on your zip code
along with lots of other criteria. Those stores that are considered
inactive for a period of 3 months will lose their status as a preferred Mint® retailer.
However, we've been informed that there really is no 'exclusivity
policy' to offer once we sell to websites, catalogs, franchise stores
(all zip codes are open at that point)...but we do our best to protect
our inventory-stocking, friendly, very current storefronts. Friendly
goes a long way, baby.
- Resale of Mint® Items: If you are a wholesale customer, we expect that our items are sold at a reasonable retail markup & in a retail environment. This means 100% markup (Keystone) of our wholesale price. PLUS a fee for personalization.
If we find that anyone is reselling our items at wholesale or near
wholesale prices, taking part in Facebook 'buy ins', or in flea market
type environments, selling on eBay or etsy, we reserve the right to refuse
future business with you. We don't condone ebay or etsy sales of our
items, especially when our items are sold under retail markup. Let's
keep it fair across the board. It's just not fair to our retail storefronts and retail websites who are busting butts to pay for overhead, maintenance, labor, tons of inventory, etc.
- Removing Mint® tags & labels: Cutting the Mint®
cloth label off of the front of our merchandise is a big no-no. We
reserve the right to discontinue wholesale business with anyone reported
- Payment: We accept Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, and American Express for payment. We do not offer terms or ship COD. We can also barter for nice jewelry or vacations.
- Mind-Changing Clause: If we ever decide to change
our minds about any of the above, update pricing or minimums, or
discontinue certain styles and colors, we may do so at any time, and you
can't be mad at us.
- INACTIVITY PERIOD (UPDATED): We do enforce the rule regarding account activity. We will happily guard your territory (retail storefronts only) by keeping your account status open if
you order consistently. This doesn't mean we expect you to order a million dollars every month, but please give us little signs that you are obviously stocking our inventory and reordering fill-ins (minimum order is $50) regularly so we know you're interested. If we haven't heard from you in 3 months or so, we'll assume you've broken up with us and your account
status will be changed to 'on hold' or 'blocked' until you meet the
minimum opening order ($250) again. You also may not be approved as a
new customer if another store has opened an account in your territory. New accounts that do not place their minimum opening order within 30 days of approval will be considered inactive in order to open up the territory once again.
- Sale Items: All sale items/Last Chance page items are final sales. No returns or exchanges allowed.
- Re-Routing & Shipping Issues on Online Orders:
Please be sure to double-check your ship-to address upon check out (the
website makes it a 2-step process to prevent such boo boos) as we cannot
be held responsible for shipping address mistakes. It is your
responsibility to make sure your order is going to your exact address
when you review your order information--we will are not responsible for
the $60 rerouting charge from FedEx to re-route after you breezed
through checkout after too much chardonnay. (I'm speaking from
- Etsy or Facebook Flash sales. Etsy is for handmade
and vintage items. I love Etsy--but our products do not fit the criteria as handmade, not mass produced, or vintage. Please move your items to your own website to
keep things fair to my other customers who follow the rules. If you agreed to these terms &
conditions & someone turns you in for selling on Etsy (BECAUSE THEY
WILL, SISTER), you're blocked. Without even a phone call. We don't have
the manpower up here to police it. We'll just block you. Just like that. Bye, Felicia.
- Special Processing: Wholesale orders requiring special processing, packaging, tagging, or use of special software requires a minimum of 50 pieces per SKU. In addition, Mint does not accept chargebacks or terms on these orders unless agreed upon. If you are exchanging or returning any item, shipping will not be refunded.